Having a positive relationship with social media
29/09/202118:30 – 21:30
online Zoom Autumn 2021
Having a positive relationship with social media (three hours course over one session)
Social media has revolutionised the way we interact, think and behave. It provides a powerful tool for connecting, allowing people share information online and create a sense of community and belonging. This workshop will help you understand the role social media plays in facilitating or hindering your recovery and wellbeing. You will hear a student’s personal story and experiences.
- Develop an understanding of our relationship with social media;
- Explore the impact of social media on our psychological wellbeing;
- Understand the biopsychosocial explanations for social media and use;
- Learn practical and emotional coping strategies for developing a positive relationship with social media;
- Create a social media wellbeing plan.
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide on that will be sent in the next email
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.