Women's health and empowerment
07/12/202113:30 – 16:30
14/12/202113:30 – 16:30
online Zoom Autumn 2021
About the course
This two-session course was co-produced by women, for women.
Exploring the journey of a woman from puberty to menopause, this course explores the physical and emotional ups and downs of life from the perspective of cisgender women (women assigned female at birth).
- To explore ways to navigate life, while making the most of opportunities, generating hope and taking control.
- To discuss and challenge stereotypes about gender roles and expectations and explore ways to maintain a healthy balance in our lives
- To gain insight into the life cycle of a woman and explore ways to maintain a healthy balance in our lives.
This course takes place over six hours in two sessions.
If the course is delivered face-to-face in one of our venues, please check our venues page for travel information and facilities. Co-production is at the heart of the college and a vital part of our work includes using your feedback to ensure our courses are beneficial for all. Please allow some extra time to provide feedback when planning your journey.
If the course you would like to join is being delivered through Zoom, and you are new to Zoom, it may help to consider joining our 'getting comfortable with Zoom' workshop.
For all Zoom courses, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide that will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.