Practising self-care Workshop
16/12/202113:00 – 15:00
online Zoom Autumn 2021
About the course
In this workshop you will learn the importance of self-care: caring about yourself psychologically as well as caring for yourself practically. You will explore some realistic, practical self-care ideas and strategies that can help you in your personal recovery and improve your wellbeing. This workshop will be co-facilitated by students of the College with a lived experience of mental health challenges, who will encourage you to join in discussions and start to produce your own personalized ‘me list’ (a simple self-care plan) based on what’s important to you and what brings you joy.
- To understand what self-care is and why it is important in personal recovery
- To explore some practical self-care ideas that can be used in everyday life
- To start a simple self-care plan that suits your personal situation and needs
This workshop takes place over two hours in one session.
If the course is delivered face-to-face in one of our venues, please check our venues page for travel information and facilities. Co-production is at the heart of the college and a vital part of our work includes using your feedback to ensure our courses are beneficial for all. Please allow some extra time to provide feedback when planning your journey.
If the course you would like to join is being delivered through Zoom, and you are new to Zoom, it may help to consider joining our 'getting comfortable with Zoom' workshop.
For all Zoom courses, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide that will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.