In this session you will explore all aspects of stigma, including self-stigma. You will review disability, and the importance of loss and acceptance, whilst having an opportunity to review both unconscious and conscious bias. You will also explore possible ways to overcome stigma.
· Gain an understanding of how recovery helps to overcome stigma
· Review and explore loss and acceptance
· Learn about effective tools that can be used to overcome stigma
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide on that will be sent in the next email
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation, and a link will be sent to you. The tutors will explain how to complete them during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or firstname.lastname@example.org