Depression is often more than feeling unhappy or sad, and it can affect different aspects of your life. This course helps you understand the psychological, physiological and biological causes of depression and explores effective strategies for each of the triggers to help you better manage your depression.
- To understand what depression is.
- To understand what methods can be used to make living with depression more manageable.
“I would not be where I am today if it were not for this course, as I thought I understood depression. I thought I was depressed. But what I learned was that I was (past tense!) depressed and that now I was on the course, seeking help for it, I had already lifted the depression! Months earlier I was feeling suicidal, so this confirmed exactly how far I had come – which was unexpected, delightful and made me feel like I was walking on air! The tutor’s words on this course helped to complete my recovery puzzle!
So although I didn’t get what I thought I was going to get out of the course – I actually got something much better:
- The encouragement that attending these courses was making a big difference
- The support to continue with next steps along my recovery journey
- The knowledge that I needed to now recognise and support others with their depression
I would definitely recommend these courses, for those feeling depressed and those who don’t, because knowledge is power and this course can really help you see exactly where you are within yourself, however you think you currently feel".
- Louisa Whorrod, Student