Living with a long term physical health need (Three hours course over one session)
30% of the UK population have a long term physical health need according to the department of Health (2011); this includes diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome and heart disease. This short course provides you with the knowledge to better understand how physical symptoms can affect your wellbeing and suggests different skills you could use to manage your own physical health need.
Topics of discussion include: pain management, pacing and goal setting.
- Understand how living with a long term physical health need can impact on your wellbeing.
- Learn how physical symptoms can play a role on your wellbeing.
- Develop new skills and confidence to manage your own health need.
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. You may need to download the Zoom app
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you log in, you will be admitted into the session
- Reading our Zoom guide below for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
All students who book onto this course are expected to participate in any activities, discussions and games to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation form in the link sent to them. The tutors will explain how to complete the form during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the Zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to book onto this course
If you have not previously registered as a student please click the 'Register' button to complete the enrolment form first. If you are a registered student, please click the 'Login' button to continue.