The college provides development opportunities for students to move forward in their recovery by becoming experts by experience and sharing their stories.
Students will explore and discover personal strengths and motivation and learn tools and skills to help self-manage their recovery.
The programme includes matching people to various opportunities within the college. These may consist of classroom support, co-facilitation, co-production of workshops, courses and seminars etc.
Everyone on the programme will create a development plan, review it termly, attend group support sessions and other development opportunities.
We aim to enable experts on the programme to:
- Foster optimism;
- Create meaningful goals that aid recovery;
- Improve wellbeing, self-management and control;
- Increase social connections and create a sense of belonging;
- Develop personal resilience, self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-confidence;
- Have a safe space and learning environment to enable students to achieve their aspirations and goals;
- Reduce stigma and promote recovery;
- Gain new skills, experience and knowledge to support their aspirations in life, including moving closer to the labour market.
If you would like to find out more, contact us via email or telephone: 01442 864966