Making Sense of Voices (six hours over two sessions)
“Voices are not a sign madness but a reaction to problems in their lives that they couldn’t cope with…that the voices talk about problems they haven't dealt with- and that they therefore make sense” Marius Romme et al (2009)
This two-part course is for those interested to learn more about the experience of hearing voices that others cannot. Together we will develop a greater understanding of this experience,
consider explanations, and cultivate a compassionate approach to acceptance and recovery.
• Understand Hearing Voices from the Hearing Voices Network perspective
• Consider ways of accepting voices
• Explore coping strategies when living with voices
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. You may need to download the Zoom app
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you log in, you will be admitted into the session
- Reading our Zoom guide below for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
All students who book onto this course are expected to participate in any activities, discussions and games to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation form in the link sent to them. The tutors will explain how to complete the form during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or firstname.lastname@example.org