Drugs, alcohol and mental health recovery
24/01/202413:30 – 16:30
Online Zoom Spring 2024
New Leaf College
About this course.
During this course, you will explore the two-way relationship between mental health challenges and drug/alcohol use. Whether you are experiencing mental health and drug/alcohol challenges yourself or are a carer, learn about the importance of change. Explore some strategies and further help for you or someone you support to move forward on your personal mental health recovery journey while addressing any co-existing substance issues.
• To explore the two-way relationship between mental health challenges and drug/alcohol use
• To increase awareness of the possible causes, effects, and risks of substance use
• To understand what personal recovery in mental health means
• To explore strategies for moving forward for people who experience co-existing mental health and substance challenges
• To learn some self-management tools and sources of further support
This course takes place over three hours in one session
Booking a course
We teach our courses in a classroom or online. You can find the venues' locations on the venues page, including travel information and facilities.
Classes online are via the Zoom online platform. If you are still getting familiar with Zoom, visit our using Zoom page for resources, videos and Zoom guides.
We have additional information for people who might need access to IT equipment; please visit our digital skills and inclusion page.
The college strives to provide students with positive experiences and is committed to making the college accessible to all. Please read our code of conduct to learn what we expect of our students when attending courses.