Writing creatively for wellbeing (Three hours over one session)
For centuries writing has been used for its therapeutic benefits to our mental health. Discover different forms of writing including poetry, journaling and letter writing, and learn why writing daily can have a tremendous positive effect on your mental health.
Alternatives to writing are also explored as you try different forms of practical activities in class.
· To explore different forms of creative writing
· To understand how writing can improve your wellbeing
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. You may need to download the zoom app
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you log in, you will be admitted into the session
- Reading our Zoom guide below for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
All students who book onto this course are expected to participate in any activities, discussions and games to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation form in the link sent to them. The tutors will explain how to complete the form during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is now fully booked.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list for this course, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01442 864966.
If you want to go ahead and book other courses, please click on "Book a Course" at the top of the page.
Thank you for booking with New Leaf Recovery and Wellbeing College.
This seminar/webinar is currently being delivered via Zoom (a free video conferencing system).
Your Zoom link:
To access the course, you will receive an email with a zoom link nearer the time of the course. When you receive this email, please save it and use it to access the classroom at the time of the course. We recommend you use think link 5-10 minutes before the start of the course.
This link is personal to you as a student. For everyone safety we ask that you do not share this link with anyone else.
We ask that you ensure name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
For guidance on how to use zoom, please read through our PDF zoom guide / PDF seminar guide or consider joining our getting comfortable with zoom course.
As our courses are fully interactive, all students who book onto our courses are expected to participate in the activities, games and discussions to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
Joining the course:
As learning online is a different experience to classroom learning, in order for the course to run smoothly, we ask that you read and adhere to the following guidelines:
· Only students registered with the college will be given access to the online classroom. Please do not share the link with others or share the class with others in your household
· During the class, please sit in a comfortable, private space with minimal interruptions. If you are interrupted by a member of your household or a phone call, please remember to mute your microphone. Your microphone will be muted upon entering the class
· When you enter the zoom waiting room, please make sure that your own name is displayed. The tutor will not allow anyone that they cannot identify into the course.
· If you wish to ask a question or comment, you can use the chat function to type or click on the raise a hand icon to talk. Your tutor will then unmute your microphone so that you can speak
· Please do not worry if you have not used Zoom before. Your tutor will go through this with you at the start of the session and will explain how to use the functions. You can also view the Zoom Guides ahead of the course
· Please remember to complete your evaluation forms; this is very important. Your Tutor will show you how at the end of the course
· There will be a comfort break during the class; however if you want to have a drink or snack while the class is in session you can. We want you to be as comfortable as you can
· We recommend you use a notepad and pen to take notes during the session
It is important for us to receive feedback after each course. We value your opinions and use your feedback to improve our services, as well as measure how effective our courses are in improving your wellbeing. To provide us with feedback at the end of this course, please complete the evaluation form below:
Contact the college:
If you have any queries ahead of the session please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01442 864966.
If you need to cancel your place:
Please note that places on our courses are in high demand so if you are unable to attend please reply to this email or phone 01442 864966 so that we can offer your place to another student who might be waiting.
We hope you will enjoy your learning experience with New Leaf Recovery and Wellbeing College. We look forward to meeting you.
New Leaf Recovery and Wellbeing College
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
Inspiring hope, opportunity and control
College telephone: 01442 864966
College email: email@example.com
This message may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents.
To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.