Mindfulness for everyday life
06/10/202110:00 – 13:00
13/10/202110:00 – 13:00
20/10/202110:00 – 13:00
online Zoom Autumn 2021
Mindfulness for everyday life (Nine hours course over three sessions), each session starts at 10.00am and ends at 13.00pm
‘Mindfulness is a way of befriending ourselves and our experience.’- Jon Kabat-Zinn
Break away from the cycle of negative thinking, critical thoughts and anxiety about the future. Over three sessions you will learn how to live in the ‘here and now’, as you step out of your normal thinking, giving you the opportunity to see the world around you differently.
· To understand what mindfulness is
· To be aware of the benefits of mindfulness practice
· To learn different mindfulness practices and to understand how they can be incorporated into daily life
Mindfulness is beneficial for most people’s mental health and wellbeing. However, there are some circumstances where using, or learning to use it may not be and you should consider this before signing up for this course.
The key consideration are mental health challenges where someone is experiencing psychosis or dissociation – this is when you may be feeling ungrounded and not fully in touch with yourself or your surroundings.
Just as swimming is a valuable life skill, we wouldn’t begin the practice in the deep end of open or turbulent water. We would start in the shallow end, with a teacher and progress to more challenging situations gradually. The same is true of mindfulness. We recommend that if you are feeling not fully in touch with yourself or your surroundings you discuss the appropriateness of mindfulness with your health care professional in the first instance.
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. You may need to download the Zoom app
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you log in, you will be admitted into the session
- Reading our Zoom guide below for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation form in the link sent to them. The tutors will explain how to complete the form during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the Zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or email@example.com