Thinking holistically about wellbeing and wellness seminar
17/11/202114:00 – 14:45
online Zoom Autumn 2021
About the course
This 45-minute session gives an opportunity for participants to think about the positive benefits of thinking broadly when considering routes to recovery, and how a focus on wellness rather than ill-health may be of benefit. This session will consider how making changes in one area might have more surprising positive benefits elsewhere, and how we all have the potential to influence our own wellbeing. It will offer insights from someone with lived experience about how these ideas help them and will give some practical ideas about how you might make a start to think more holistically about your wellbeing.
- To discover personal recovery and how differing routes help maintain wellbeing
- To focus on ‘wellness’ rather than illness and how it helps the whole person
This course takes place over 45 minutes in one session.
If the course is delivered face-to-face in one of our venues, please check our venues page for travel information and facilities. Co-production is at the heart of the college and a vital part of our work includes using your feedback to ensure our courses are beneficial for all. Please allow some extra time to provide feedback when planning your journey.
If the course you would like to join is being delivered through Zoom, and you are new to Zoom, it may help to consider joining our 'getting comfortable with Zoom' workshop.
For all Zoom courses, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide that will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.