Employment: the pros and cons of telling employers about your health challenges
12/07/202211:00 – 11:45
Online zoom 2022 Summer
About the seminar
This seminar will explore whether to tell your prospective or current employer you have a disability or mental health challenge. We will discuss the pros and cons and the potential support you can access
- To discuss the benefits and challenges of disclosing a mental or physical health challenge to an existing or potential employer
- How disclosing a mental or physical health challenge to an employer could support your recovery
- Understanding the process of recruitment and options of how and when to disclosure a mental or physical health challenge to an existing or potential employer
This seminar takes place over 45 minutes in one session.
This seminar is free for all Hertfordshire residents aged 18 and over. The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore, places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the classroom on any of our face-to-face or Zoom classrooms.
All of our courses will rotate between being delivered via Zoom or in one of our campuses across Hertfordshire. Please check the venue details under the date and time of your chosen course.
If the course is delivered face-to-face in one of our venues, please check our venues page for travel information and facilities. Co-production is at the heart of the college and a vital part of our work includes using your feedback to ensure our courses are beneficial for all. Please allow some extra time to provide feedback when planning your journey.
If the course you would like to join is being delivered through Zoom, and you are new to Zoom, it may help to consider joining our 'getting comfortable with Zoom' workshop.
For all Zoom courses, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide that will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.