This course uses a combination of theory and practical exercises to support your learning and encourage you to think about how creative practice can benefit your own mental health and personal recovery.
During this course, you will work with artists to:
- Learn about the health benefits of art journalling and how this creative practice can support your mental health and wellbeing
- Discover what art journalling is and begin creating your own art journal pages
This course takes place over nine hours in three sessions.
Materials you will need are:
- A4 paper and 1-2 sheets of A4 card
- Fine liner pen
- Acrylic paint (or similar)
- Old store card (piece of thin plastic)
- Glue (pva or pritt stick)
- Masking tape or sellotape
A selection of papers for collage. For example: magazines (you can get the free ones from supermarkets), paper napkins, old maps, books, music paper, printables, stickers, craft papers
Washi tape, lace, ribbon, buttons, coloured pens and pencils, double sided tape, ink stamps or paper punches
Most things can be brought cheaply from supermarkets, Pound land, The Range, The Works etc. The idea will be that we will be using found objects in our homes to keep the cost down – art does not have to be expensive! So get creative and have a look to see what you already have or what you can borrow before you rush out and buy anything new!