This course is free for all Hertfordshire residents aged 18 and over. The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore, places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the classroom on any of our face-to-face or Zoom classrooms.
Our courses are delivered either using the online Zoom platform or in the classroom in our campuses across Hertfordshire. Due to the COVID-19 situation and adhering to the NHS and Government guidance, we may have to change the venue and move online. Please check dates, times and locations in advance of attending the course.
If the course is delivered face-to-face in one of our venues, please check our venues page for travel information and facilities. Co-production is at the heart of the college and a vital part of our work includes using your feedback to ensure our courses are beneficial for all. Please allow some extra time to provide feedback when planning your journey.
If the course you would like to join is being delivered through Zoom, and you are new to Zoom, it may help to consider joining our 'getting comfortable with Zoom' workshop.
For all Zoom courses, we recommend that you:
- Use a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Use the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide on that will be sent in the next email
- Read our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
- Use Google Chrome for the best compatibility
- Use a headset with a microphone so you can hear and be heard during the course, and to minimise any background noise
- Ensure your camera is working correctly, so you can participate fully in the course
- Join from a quiet location/room with a strong internet connection
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your name on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.