Have you ever questioned what ‘pain’ actually is and how it affects your wellbeing? In this session you will look at how pain responses are produced by the brain, how when you have an injury the autonomic motor and immune systems respond, and why pain can continue after tissues have had plenty of time to heal. You will learn everyone is different!
- Gain a deeper understanding of persistent pain.
- Learn how to manage persistent pain.
"Thank-you I did very much enjoy the course and have also given constructive feedback on the form. Looking forward to today’s course too. Many Thanks" - Maggy, Student
"I must say this is an excellent course for which I am very grateful. First Class." - Wendy, Student
"I took this course despite not having chronic pain and I learned a lot of interesting facts that completely blew my mind. I also learned how to cope with pain should I or someone I know feel persistent pain in the future. They even played games to help us learn. Delightfully informative and quite astonishing – great course, highly recommended" – Louisa, student
"The manner in which the tutors presented the course was very knowledgeable, engaging, and friendly. The slides they referred to where well written and user friendly. The topic itself was amazing, especially the bit explaining how stress and anxiety relates to pain in the biochemical sense. - Anonymous, student"
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide on that will be sent in the next email
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation, and a link will be sent to you. The tutors will explain how to complete them during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or email@example.com