Depression is often more than feeling unhappy or sad, and it can affect different aspects of your life. This course helps you understand the psychological, physiological and biological causes of depression and explores effective strategies for each of the triggers to help you better manage your depression.
- To understand what depression is.
- To understand what methods can be used to make living with depression more manageable.
“I would not be where I am today if it were not for this course, as I thought I understood depression. I thought I was depressed. But what I learned was that I was (past tense!) depressed and that now I was on the course, seeking help for it, I had already lifted the depression! Months earlier I was feeling suicidal, so this confirmed exactly how far I had come – which was unexpected, delightful and made me feel like I was walking on air! The tutor’s words on this course helped to complete my recovery puzzle!
So although I didn’t get what I thought I was going to get out of the course – I actually got something much better:
- The encouragement that attending these courses was making a big difference
- The support to continue with next steps along my recovery journey
- The knowledge that I needed to now recognise and support others with their depression
I would definitely recommend these courses, for those feeling depressed and those who don’t, because knowledge is power and this course can really help you see exactly where you are within yourself, however you think you currently feel".
- Louisa Whorrod, Student and volunteer
As this is an online course, please prepare by:
- Using a notepad/paper and a pen during the session
- Using a PC, tablet or any mobile device to access Zoom via the link in the email. If you are using a tablet or phone, you may need to download the Zoom app.
- Using the link 5-10 minutes before the course is due to start to ensure that Zoom is working. Once you have logged in, you will be sent to a waiting room, where the tutor will acknowledge you and let you in to the main room. Please refer to the Zoom guide on that will be sent in the next email
- Reading our Zoom guide for more information about how to make the most out of the session and for technical support
For everyone’s safety, please ensure your display name on Zoom matches the name used to register for the course. You can watch this video on how to change your on your PC, tablet or mobile device ahead of the course. Tutors are unable to accept anyone on the course whose name does not match the list of attendees and for ease of access, we would advise all students to do this before the course is due to start.
It is important that all our students complete the course evaluation, and a link will be sent to you. The tutors will explain how to complete them during the session.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Therefore places will be limited and all students will be required to pre-book in advance. Students who have not booked their place will not be able to access the zoom classroom.
For further information or queries, please contact the College on 01442 864966 or email@example.com